Last week when I was sick I was craving something sweet and my lovely man made this for me. He is the baker in the family and this made me feel so loved …
Troy’s Chocolate Caramel Slice
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, melted
- 100g butter, extra
- 2 x 395g cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup (80mL) golden syrup
- 200g Dark Chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Lightly grease an 18cm x 28cm lamington pan and line with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and coconut. Add melted butter, mix well. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool.
- Place extra butter, Sweetened Condensed Milk and syrup in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Pour over base. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Cool.